OK, so I might have missed Sunday last week.
I blame it on the Queen. Jubilee-schmubilee. I mean, come on. I am sooooo over that now. I am all jubilee’d out. Enough already! 😉 pffffft. Sixty years on the throne? What-ever… talk about milking it.
Right, enough with all the festivities, moving on:
The football started yesterday! Yay! Euro 2012. What will that bring? Let me tell you. I’ll sum it up in one word for you (see, no bullshit):
Anyho’ on to more pressing matters. Books and BtB.
Now, I am not a fan of historical fiction (I mean, it’s soooooo yesterday). It doesn’t mean it isn’t brilliant. It means I am FAR too lazy to read anything that requires me to think or regress. I much prefer the banality of forensic pathology or worlds that exist in the patterns on tiles or carpet threads, but hey, that’s just me…so when I came across this particular book, I blew a huge sigh out at the ceiling and steeled myself for a couple of hours of extreme paint-drying watching (is that an olympic sport? It should be, right? I’d be a gold-medallist, the amount of rubbish I have read in the past).
How wrong can a girl be?
‘Cold my heart’ by Sarah Woodbury was so good that I actually wrote an intro to it. Here it is:
The classic British legend of King Arthur is brought to life once again, by international best-selling historic-fantasy writer Sarah Woodbury. This stunning novel of courage, chivalry and romance will leave you breathless!
But you don’t have to take my word for it (and why would you?), see for yourself.
If you are into your history, romance and all things Welsh, then this book is definitely for you.
And I totally dig the cover. (Is that Texan enough for you Kristen Lamb? Never mind eating salsa with everything and pining for the shooting range! 😉 )
So, one more question.
You know what it is.
You can feel it coming right?
Like the monster over the hill…
What are you waiting for? *sigh* (you’d think you’d have learned by now, I’ve been at this since February)
Oh and did I forget to mention, it’s enhanced. Yup, it has maps and pictures and everythang. (There I go again. Note to self: You are not Texan.)
(nah, only kidding, but you fell for it, right?)
Until next week, stay bullshit free.
- ‘Banning the Bullshit’ Sunday: ‘Birdy’ by Karen Osborne (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Banning the Bullshit’ Sunday: Bloomin’ brilliant box sets! (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Banning the Bullshit’ Sunday: ‘Food of love’ by Anne. R. Allen (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Banning the Bullshit’ Sunday – on a Friday: The London Book Fair (baby!) (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Banning the bullshit’ Sunday or ‘l’interdiction de la connerie’ dimanche. Lost in France (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)
- ‘Banning the bullshit Sunday’ ‘Bone Dressing’ by Michelle I. Brooks (sapphicscribe.wordpress.com)